Autistics for Autistics Ontario and Autistics United Canada, both autistic-led advocacy groups, have put together a list of COVID-19 resources for autistic people, which we will continue to update!
Part 1 is resources specifically for autistic people, including AAC resources, coping guides & online hangouts!
Part 2 is general resources about COVID-19, including health care info in plain language & in multiple languages and financial aid info (Canada).
Part 1: Resources for Autistics
- Communication boards for COVID-19:
- Using AAC in the hospital:
- Keeping your AAC device clean during coronavirus
- COVID-19 Communication Rights Toolkit (Communication First)
Coping with the Changes – Guides
- We are Heroes: A Plain Language Guide about Covid-19 (A4A Ontario)
- Why is everything so weird (Ed Wiley Autism Acceptance Lending Library)
Coping with the Changes – Articles
- Autism and Coping with Pandemic Stressors (Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism)
- The “Now, Next, Later” autistic-specific planning strategy (Jamie and Lion)
Online Hangouts for Neurodivergent People!
- Autistics United Canada is hosting online hangouts on Tuesdays and Saturdays, via computer web browser, phone app, or phone call.
- Find info at their Facebook event!
Other online Meetups!
Other Things to Do When Staying Home / Sheltering in Place
- Autistic UK’s Self-Isolation Boredom Busters – great list of ideas!
- A4A will have an at-home guide soon!
For Parents & Caregivers
- Homeschooling tips (Ed Wiley Autism Acceptance Lending Library)
- Supporting Neurodivergence Through the 2020 Pandemic (Foundations for Divergent Minds)
- Foundations for Divergent Minds also has weekly discussions and PDFs for activities to do at home on their Facebook page
- Education companies offering free subscriptions due to school closings
- Free live online classes to support public school families affected by closures in the wake of COVID-19 (Outschool)
- Giant List of Ideas for Being Home with Kids
- Autistic People of Colour Fund (Autistic Women & Non-Binary Network)
- Relief Funding from the Government of Canada during the Covid crisis
- Covid 19 Social Supports, City of Toronto
- For provincial and territorial funding, see the fuller list in Part 2.
- Many town and city government websites have local information.
PART 2: General COVID-19 Information
Part 2 is a PDF. Please link here: Covid info_resource list_plain language-multilingual (Canada)
2 thoughts on “COVID-19 Resources for Autistic People”
Comments are closed.