Since our first annual presentation to University of Toronto medical students in 2018, A4A has been the Canadian leader in educating health care providers and students on how to make their practices accessible and comfortable for autistic patients.
We are the only group in Canada offering presentations by Actually Autistic adults with backgrounds in self-advocacy, health care & science communication.
Our Powerpoint and open discussion is consistently praised by attendees for its focus on key, practical points such as:
- Communicating with patients who use augmentative/alternative communication devices (AAC)
- Meeting the healthcare needs of autistic children and youth
- Emergency room care for autistic patients
- Trauma-informed care in the context of autism
- Current research on best practices for communication and care with autistic patients
- Much more!
Please contact us if you’re interested in learning more and having The Autistic Health Access Project present.
Read more about the project here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.